Happy National Underwear Day!
1. Have a lingerie dance party
2. Take selfies in your favourite lingerie
A good selfie can be a huge confidence boost! If you're not a big camera person, just a quick front-camera snap on your phone will do the trick. Try these tips on getting the perfect selfie:
- Hold the camera slightly above your eyeline - it will make your eyes appear bigger! But not too high, unless you are aiming for that MySpace aesthetic
- Move your face around to see your best angles - don't just snap and hope for the best. Find your best side!
- Try some different poses - with your free hand, see if you can get an even better photo by resting your chin on your hand, running your fingers through your hair, sensually touching your chest or clavicle... have fun with it and see what works for you.
- Find your light - natural light is the best, especially when it's golden hour (right after the sun rises or before it sets).
- Natural light isn't always working in our favour, especially on cloudy days. You can use artificial light too, just make sure you point your face directly towards the light source to avoid any unsightly shadows.
- To level up your selfie taking, invest in a ring light or clip on light for your phone! The ring light distributes the light perfectly around your face and makes your skin appear more smooth and vibrant.
- Utilise your phone features - you might have an inbuilt "Portrait Mode" on your phone - this will usually blur the background and enhance your eyes and skin.
If you're feeling more advanced, work that self timer and try some full-body poses!
3. Host a pants-party
Get your friends around for a fun lingerie party! Dress up in your favourite sets (you could even choose a colour theme!), take photos of each other, make cocktails and dance. If you're looking for something more low-key, hang out and watch a movie in your comfiest pants!
4. Don't save your best lingerie for a special occassion
Wear it for yourself - lingerie that sits unworn makes us feel sad! But it also doesn't do anything for your self confidence if you are waiting to wear it for someone. Wear it because it makes you feel good - you can always wear it again (or it's a good excuse to buy a new set!)
5. Throw out or give away underwear that doesn't make you feel good
Try these for yourself and make sure to tag us on Instagram if you do!